Palm Pre Plus Verizon 3G WiFi Cell Phone - Refurbished - No Contract Required
We value your privacy
Palm Pre Plus Verizon 3G WiFi Cell Phone - Refurbished
Running on the Palm webOS mobile platform, the 3G-enabled Palm Pre Plus for Verizon Wireless brings together all of your important information from where it resides--on your phone, at your workplace, at home, or on the Web--into a single mobile device. In addition to high-speed connectivity on the fast and reliable Verizon Wireless 3G network, the phone's memory has been doubled to 16 GB and it comes with a built-in 3G Mobile Hotspot that can be shared via Wi-Fi among five devices--laptop, another phone, MP3 player, and more.
The phone's slide-out full QWERTY keyboard puts it all at your fingertips, and the multi-touch screen lets you move back and forth between open applications using natural gestures. With Palm webOS, you can keep multiple activities open and move easily between them--like flipping through a deck of cards, using natural gestures. This allows for easy movement between messaging and e-mail or searching the Web while listening to music, and items are rearranged simply by dragging them.
Palm's webOS interface brings together the most important information from your phone, at work or on the Web, into one logical view. In addition to linking information from Google, Facebook, Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync and LinkedIn, Palm Pre Plus adds Yahoo! integration to Palm Synergy, which offers:
- Linked contacts that displays contacts from a variety of sources in a single view.
- Layered calendars that combine all your activities into one view--work, family, friends, sports teams and other interests
- Combined messaging presents all your MMS and IM conversations with the same person in a chat-style view.
You'll stay on course thanks to the VZ Navigator GPS turn-by-turn direction service. Other features include a 3-megapixel camera/camcorder, digital audio player, Bluetooth connectivity for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, access to personal and corporate e-mail.
- Fast 3G connectivity thanks to the reliable Verizon Wireless EV-DO, Rev A network
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- 3G Mobile Hotspot: The Palm Pre Plus comes travel-ready with a built-in 3G Mobile Hotspot--a Wi-Fi hotspot that can be shared among five Wi-Fi-capable devices. The 3G Mobile Hotspot is the perfect family vacation companion, and at $40 for 5 GB and 5 cents per megabyte overage, it provides an allowance big enough for sharing with the entire family for downloading games, Internet access, and more.
- GPS navigation capabilities via VZ Navigator service
- 16 GB internal memory (non-expandable) with the ability to work as a USB drive when plugged into a PC. You can simply drag and drop your PC media and documents onto the device.
- Palm's webOS platform lets you manage multiple applications at a time, unlike any other mobile platform today. It lets you keep multiple activities open and instantly flip from one to another using card view.
- Linked contacts: With Palm Synergy, you maintain a single view by linking your contacts from a variety of sources, so accessing them is easier than ever. For example, if you have the same contact listed in your Outlook, Google and Facebook accounts, Synergy recognizes that they're the same person and links the information together, presenting it to you as one listing.
- Layered calendars: Palm Synergy lets you see your calendars can be seen on their own or layered together in a single view--combining work, family, friends, sports teams, or other interests. You can toggle to look at one calendar at a time, or see them all at a glance.
- Combined messaging: See all your conversations with the same person in a chat-style view, even if it started in IM and you want to reply with a text message. You can also see who's active in a buddy list right from contacts, and start a new conversation with just one touch.
- Combined e-mail: Check your Outlook e-mail with Microsoft Direct Push Technology and HTML support. Get wireless e-mail access to popular commercial POP3 and IMAP accounts like AOL, Gmail, and Yahoo! All your e-mail accounts can be viewed together, or separately from one simple application. Synergy even lets you see IM presence directly from an e-mail.
- Instant messaging for Google Talk and AOL
- Document viewer compatible with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and PDF documents
- Universal search: Simply start typing to begin searching your contacts, applications, Google, Google Maps, Wikipedia and Twitter. Universal search narrows down the possible results as you type, so it's easier to find what you need.
- Unobtrusive notifications: When important things come up or new updates arrive, you'll receive notifications at the bottom of your screen. You will know what is going on without being completely interrupted or losing your train of thought.
- 3.1-inch multi-touch screen with a vibrant 24-bit color, 320x480 resolution HVGA display
- Accelerometer and proximity sensor: An accelerometer automatically orients Web pages and photos to your perspective so you can view them in landscape or portrait mode. Watch videos in landscape mode as well. The proximity sensor automatically disables the touch screen and turns off the display whenever you put the phone up to your ear.
- Slide-out QWERTY keyboard for fast messaging
- Amazon MP3 Store enables you to download stereo-quality non-DRM protected tracks instantly to your wireless phone.
- 3-megapixel camera with LED flash, extended depth of field, and geotagging.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- Incredibly fast Web browser brings you full Web sites the way they were meant to be seen
- Voice dialing capabilities
- Organizer tools including calendar, notes, voice memo, tasks, calculator
- Ringer switch easily silences the device with one touch
- Browse the App Catalog from your phone and download apps right over the air. Choose from a variety of titles designed for Palm webOS, many of which work together with other apps on the phone. Find apps like OpenTable, Yelp, or WHERE, just to name a few... and new ones are being added all the time.
- Palm Services automatically backs up your phone so you have a copy of your important data. You can also remotely erase your data if your phone is lost or stolen. And you get software updates that make it easy to stay up to date with the latest enhancements.
- 3.5mm headset jack
- Bilingual interface: English/Español
- Hearing aid compatibility = M4
Wireless Touchstone Charging
While the Palm Pre Plus comes with a charger included in the box, Palm's optional Touchstone charging dock can recharge the device's batteries without connecting any cords to it. The first inductive charging solution for phones, the Palm Touchstone, along with the Touchstone compatible back cover (both sold separately), allows Pre Plus to be set on top of the dock without worrying about connection, orientation or fit. The device remains active while charging, allowing access to the touch screen, movies or video, or the speakerphone option.
The Palm Pre Plus weighs 4.89 ounces and measures 3.9 x 2.3 x 0.67 inches. It runs on the CDMA 800/1900 frequencies as well as EV–DO, Rev A 3G frequencies.
Verizon Wireless Services
- Reliable 3G Network: With support for the EV-DO high-speed data standard, you'll enjoy fast access to the Internet and Verizon Wireless multimedia services (additional charges applicable), with average download speeds ranging from 400 to 700 Kbps and peak rates up to 2 Mbps.
- VZ Navigator Capable: With this GPS-enabled phone, you'll be able to access the Verizon Wireless VZ Navigator service (additional charges applicable) for voice-prompted turn-by-turn directions, heads-up alerts, local search of nearly 14 million points of interest in the US (such as landmarks, restaurants and ATMs), and detailed color maps.
What's in the Box